As a cricket enthusiast, you would be wondering how to watch IPL matches live streaming. The world’s most popular T20 cricket league has started, and fans from all around the globe are traveling to India to witness the live action of their favorite teams.
But what if you can’t make it to the stadium for any reason? Don’t worry; the solution lies in the power of technology, that is, live streaming. In this article, we will explore how to watch IPL matches live streaming and some related information.
Let’s get started with our comprehensive guide.
What is Live Streaming?
IPL live streaming is a common facility for cricket enthusiasts who want to enjoy the match in the comfort of their homes. Many platforms allow users to enjoy every single moment of the game. Some of them are paid, while some are free (rely on advertisements for profit).
You might face some issues while enjoying the game on free platforms, like pop-up ads. But the no-cost streaming can certainly outweigh this con. Still, if you want to have an ad-free experience, many paid platforms offer that.
Below are both free and paid IPL matches live streaming platforms for your convenience.
List of Paid IPL Matches Live Streaming Platforms
Globally, several platforms stream IPL matches live. These sites allow you to watch games from anywhere, but only at the time of the match. Here are the best ones:
1. Yupp TV
- Monthly: $17.99
- Annual: $119.99
The platform has secured IPL 2023 broadcasting rights and covers live streaming of the league’s 16th edition. However, the viewership is restricted to only some countries, including Europe, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
- VIP: 400 INR
- Premium: 1500 INR
Currently, it’s the official streaming partner of the Indian Premier League. Apart from paid streaming of IPL matches, you can watch selective content without paying subscription fees. However, this benefit is available only to Indian residents.
3. Airtel TV
- Free: No cost
- Premium: 300 INR
Another great option to watch IPL matches live streaming is Airtel TV. Along with the IPL matches, it also streams other sports tournaments in real time. Although a free plan is available, you can’t access the live stream facility, as it’s only available for premium subscribers.
4. JIO TV
- Free: No cost
- Premium: 99 INR (monthly)
It’s one of the most popular apps for streaming live matches. The best part is that it is available for both Android and IOS users. Similar to Airtel TV, it offers two user plans: free and premium. While the free plan allows you to see exclusive movies and content, the premium one is associated with live streaming of IPL matches.
- Monthly: $9.99
- Annual: $99.99
- Bundle Plan: $12.99 (per month)
It’s a popular service for watching live sports streaming, especially cricket. Besides real-time broadcasting of the matches, this platform offers extra features such as ball-by-ball commentary, live scorecards, and match predictions.
6. Willow TV
- Monthly: $9.99
- Annual: $69.99
A fair number of Indians live in the USA and Canada. For those cricket enthusiasts, Willow TV can be a go-to option for watching IPL matches. While the interface is complicated for newbie viewers, the free streaming facility trades off this downside.
Note: Free streaming is only available for US fans who are a member of TimesClub. Others must subscribe to any of the WillowTV plans for watching IPL matches.
List of Free IPL Live Streaming Platforms
Above, we mentioned several IPL live-streaming platforms. However, all these programs require a paid subscription to stream. Fortunately, many free IPL real-time streaming sites are also available. They help you watch the game without costing you even a single penny.
Here are some best ones:
Most free sites offer streaming in low quality. But CricTime shows real-time IPL matches in HD print. Besides IPL, all cricket events and tournaments are available on its servers (1,2,3,4,5,6).
Not only does CricHD stream cricket matches, including IPL, but it also covers other sports around the globe. Unlike other free platforms, it delivers users a no-interruption experience by eliminating irritating pop-up ads.
For cricket lovers who want a fantastic streaming experience for free, CricFree can be ideal. As suggested by its name, the program covers all cricket matches worldwide and shows them live to its users.
It’s an online platform that streams real-time cricket games, including domestic and national leagues such as IPL, PSL, etc. This service is also compatible with the iPhone and broadcasts various other sports.
Usually, WebCric presents live coverage of international matches, but this season, it is offering IPL matches live too. With an easy-to-use interface, new users can familiarize themselves with its features in a short time.
How to Watch IPL Live Matches on Laptop/PC Through Different Platforms?
It seems you’re ready to hit the live action of IPL 2023 but unaware of where to start. Don’t worry, as we have mentioned a step-by-step guide on how to watch IPL matches live streaming through different platforms.
Let’s get started:
- Visit the website of Yupp TV and sign up for a subscription.
- Now sign in with the credentials and tap the Live button located at the top of the page.
- Select a channel airing live streaming of IPL and click it.
- Now you can enjoy watching the IPL’s live action.
- Open a trusted browser. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is more preferred.
- Visit the official website of CricTime and tap on your desired match.
- Select a server from 6 options. If your chosen server isn’t working properly, you can always switch them.
- Visit the Airtel TV website and sign up for a subscription.
- Look for the live sports channel streaming the IPL and click on it once found.
- It will redirect you to the streaming page.
- Open a Chrome browser or search CricHD on any search engine.
- Navigate the official site of CricHD.
- Choose a channel and select the live match you want to stream.
- Open a browser and go to the Jio TV website.
- Tap the IPL Live Star Sports link.
- Once done, you will be redirected to the Hotstar app to enjoy live streaming.
- Go to your browser (Chrome). Then, open the CricFree official website.
- Select the Cricket section on the homepage and tap it.
- Choose your desired IPL match and click on it to be redirected to the live streaming page.
- Visit the ESPN+ website through a browser.
- Input your email address and click the sign-in button.
- Tap the Start Subscription tab and purchase your desired plan.
- Afterward, choose the channel streaming the IPL matches live.
- Click on the match you want to watch and enjoy.
- Go to the official website of SmartCric.
- You will see all the current matches on the homepage.
- Tap the match you want to see live, and it will redirect you to the stream quality page.
- Select the quality of the video according to your preference and internet speed.
- Afterward, the free live streaming of the IPL match will begin on your screen.
- Open your browser and input the link to WebCric.
- Tap on IPL, and you will see a list of ongoing matches of this particular league.
- Click on the match you want to watch and pick your desired video quality.
Disney + Hotstar
- Visit the official Disney Plus Hotstar website on your PC.
- Tap the Sign Up section, and you will be redirected to a new screen.
- Click on a plan and follow the further instructions to get the subscription.
- Lastly, sign in to the platform and tap the match you want to see.
- The live streaming screen will finally appear.
As a cricket enthusiast, you might wait for the IPL every year. And being unable to watch it live on television or in the stadium can be a serious put-off. The good news is that there are many apps and platforms on the internet that stream this league live.
We hope after going through our article on how to watch IPL matches live to stream, you can enjoy the thrilling game on your pocket device, even when on the go.
So select one platform from our mentioned list and start streaming the live IPL matches. We have even shared the process to do so.
FAQs for How to Watch IPL Live Streaming
1. Is it legal to watch IPL matches live streaming?
Yes, it is legal to do so if you use a legit and authorized platform like Hotstar, Jio TV, Airtel TV, etc.
2. What is IPL, and when does it usually take place?
IPL is an acronym that stands for Indian Premier League, where teams of different Indian states compete with each other in cricket matches. It is one of the most watched events in the country. From all-time cricket lovers to seasonal ones, everyone enjoys the thrilling game to the fullest. This league typically occurs between March to May. The dates vary every year. In 2023, the league’s 16th edition is currently on air.